The Younger Chemists Committee (YCC) advocates for and provides resources to early-career chemists and professionals in the chemical sciences and related fields. Its mission is to address the needs of younger chemists (35 and below) in the Society through programming and support activities, which includes social events, technical presentations, and professional development.
Our goal is to address specific issues facing younger chemists and serve as a voice in the ACS on behalf of younger chemists, thus making the Society relevant to early-career chemists. We hope to help integrate younger chemists into the profession and increase involvement in all levels of the ACS.
If you have a suggestion, I’d love to hear it.
You can submit your ideas here.
Want to subscribe to upcoming events? Click ‘Subscribe” here.
Pending Things to Come:
- Saturday Morning Networking- including Kolaches, Donuts, Coffee, and Orange Juice (likely from 10am – 1pm or 11am – 2pm).
- T-shirts! We’re planning to have a contest to see who can come up with the best design for our 2014-2015 shirts.
- Fund-raising event (periodic table bake sale?) So we can do more cool things or have pizza during seminars.
- Seminar Series: Covering different areas of chemistry in academic (research) and industrial applications.
- Grad Student Mini-Symposium. (All welcome, grad students signed up will give talks.)
- Poster Presentations section. (Practice for undergraduates and graduates.)